February 01, 2006

Scholarships

We're in the throws of hunting for scholarship money for my daughters college education. She's spent the last two days working diligently on writing papers in application for a fellowship and a major scholarship at her university of choice. I've been nervous about it all and on top of everything else feel that I may have led her wrong on the topic of one of her papers. It sounds to me like she had something very good that she was working on but because of the fellowship requiring her to write from a particular category, I pushed her into something she knew little about. At this point all I can do is support her and pray. She is a very gifted writer (better than I have been) and can make just about anything sound as though she's educated in it.

I'm also waiting on a letter from our Congressman for her recommendation. It's not here as of yet and that makes me jittery too. All in all if she was selected, these particular awards would pay for books and tuition for around 4 years. We'll wait and pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home