June 14, 2005

VBS

There has been a great opportunity bestowed upon me these past few days. The kind of opportunity that sneaks up on you before you even realize the hidden blessings inside. I watch little children and adolecents in a kind of celebration of understanding. I hear belly laughs from the littlest ones that remind me of my own kids when they were of that age. There have been times when for just a few seconds those little laughs have stopped me at my work. And truthfully, if I were alone, the overwhelming reminiscence would definately squeeze out a tear or even two. I see adults so committed to doing this work of teaching and setting examples, all done with the energy of any younger person who didn't have the chores and worries of raising a family or being a provider. These adults, they have an understanding of the goal, they are focused on the job. I see new faces, some searching and seeming relieved to be there, to have their children there. I would like for everyone to experience what I am experiencing and to feel it the way that I do. This Vacation Bible School makes me so proud to be in the Lords army. I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home