May 21, 2006

Big Change

After seventeen and a half years, I've taken a new job and boy am I feeling different. I was a station operations manager at a television affiliate, overseeing a little bit of all 50 to 60 people who worked there, in every department. I'll tell you that with the way that business is changing, I too was in the need of a different view. It will be interesting to watch television broadcast and cable in general over the next 5 years. IPTV, multicasting, viewer content contribution, HD, I could go on and on. Let me say that if you are not in the business (which of course few people are), you have no idea of how it may affect your personal viewing, I say this because there are many IN the biz that have no idea what they will be dealing with.

I'm now working with a company that consults and markets high end finishing and special effect video editing systems and software. So far I'm enjoying the fresh air and all of the interesting facilities and people I've been dealing with. I've kind of felt like I've been in a dark room for the last 10 years. Things are just better now.

I know I have a few readers, and I'll be starting to post more these next couple of weeks. The last several days have left very little time at home just to chill, let alone working on my blogs. After a couple of days on the road and traveling locally from place to place, I just don't want to compute in the evening. But with that said, there's more to come. Promise.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work with some video stuff as well but on a much smaller scale - on mobile phones :) streaming video... DVB-H... it'll be interesting to see how and where the technologies converge and diverge.

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been in a dark room for the past 10 years! i never knew this was you!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Banj said...

yup, it's me! i told you i wanted to blog about two years ago! remember?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home