June 03, 2006

Not Here, Not Now

I'm not going to do it. I'm not even going to post where the "Chicks" are performing or when. I do not want to rant, but I do not think ever, never, in any way does a performer have a pedestal to stand up to thousands of people who respect your talent and like your work and tell them what you think politically. Then to apologize and then take it back?? Makes me boil! I thought they had a cool sound after Maines joined them and I even actually admit to spending $35 on a couple of their discs, but that was it. I'm holding out. Everyone needs forgiveness, but they're not asking for it. They're just three bottled blondes going about their way wishing they were making the millions they were prior to 2003, and in the process of that comparing themselves to the Beatles and their snafu statement they made in the mid '60s about being so popular. The press is doing a good enough job playing up their "return." I'm not fanning the smelly flame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home