January 15, 2005

Work

That's really all I can come up with for this posting. The weeks been full of frustrations which I am dealing with. All of them career oriented. I know that I am the only one in my small circle that understands some of the problems we all face as broadcasters, advertisers, marketing people and promo writers. Things in this world are changing so very fast. Buyers are not loyal to brands as they used to be. In fact of a number of buyers surveyed who said that they were loyal to a certain product or brand after one year were loyal no more. Everyone is looking for a better deal. The same goes with presenting a news, information, weather, sports or entertainment product. It has to remain good in order to sustain years of viewer/buyer loyalty. They shuffle so much under the table for later, I am sure that it won't continue to work that way, for small market television will soon go the way of the newspaper, local radio, and black and white televisions, not to mention the tyranosaurus rex. We're slowly losing numbers. It's kind of like someone taking away a penny at a time. After a few years they're millionaires! I could change so many things, but... Oh I could go on and on and probably write a book on it, but I won't. I am trying to learn to chill.

So my sister is coming today to stay the evening, eat, and probably attend church tomorrow with us. It's her birthday on Monday (she's 10 years older than me), and I shall be 45 (yikes!) this year. I've got get this place picked up, head to the store, and, find a good deal on steaks. Remember, I am a gourmet, and thin, charred, well done, tough steaks don't cut the mustard yall. They gots to be thick, easy to tenderize, juicy and better than Ruth's Chris or any other place in Dallas for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home