February 23, 2007

I'm Posting, I'm Posting

I haven't updated in a while, just due to being busy I guess. The whole blog thing is really not as enjoyable as it once was. I think because of the pressures of my work, my freelance editing/shooting, my television show, my bands and everything else I've got going on, I've just started to let both of my blogs slide quite a bit.

I've also been taking quite a few pictures. As many of you, I'm more now than ever am really addicted to Flickr. Only recently have I realized what a great idea the site is. The storage must be massive for all of those images. It's great to see what other people do. I am very impressed with some of the "amateur" photographers. Some of their photos are amazing.

The band has been fairly busy lately as well. I will say that I almost backed out of it about a month ago. I'm just not happy with the song selections and some of the mentality that I have to endure. Bluegrass MUST evolve. That is the problem with many of the older players. They don't get it. If every band plays the same old worn out songs about cabins, mountains, grave sites, lost love and drunkeness, then what do you have? I'll tell you what, a whole lot of redundancy that's what. I have just decided to try and work it out, even though I still want to do my own thing. The goodness I get out of the band is that it keeps my chops up.

We've really been trying to get our act together with the bass fishing show. It's great content. It's great fun. And my partner and show host is very a very likeable talent. The reason we are not further along is that our promotion has been asleep for the past 2 years. Now were going back in to production with new shows coming and we're pushing towards new markets. It's a full time job. One of the things that we need is a new website. We have an old one that's pretty shabby. I can maintain, but creation is something I've not taken on much of. And we need the new site to have some Flash or other appealing animated graphics if we are going to look the part. We've also got new DVD's of the shows that are selling well at our outdoor shows. We will need to put those up on the site for sale as well.

My little new post turned into a novel. That's a pretty good update though. I fell better now.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

great update :) i feel the same way about updating my blog(s) sometimes... when it feels more like a chore / obligation, then it's not fun anymore.

don't worry too much about it. your faithful readers will be here no matter you update once a day or once a month. and with RSS readers it's convenient to keep track on when new posts (and flickr pics) are available.

my memory is failing me... what's your band website again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home