June 19, 2005

Fathers Day

What a blessed day. Although I didn't get to spend it with both of my kids (one is at the Indianapolis 500!) I did have a wonderful day. After a thought provolking lesson and song service at church, Ms. and my daughter took me to Mi Cocina in Highland Park Villiage. I really wasn't in the mood for that type of food but I HAD wanted to eat there many times, so today I got my wish. We started with the bean soup. It had a great taste of chilis and cilantro and was piping hot. I'd give it a "A" on the grading scale. The dish I had was chicken, mushrooms and onions, again with chilis. Very good grilled flavor on a plate that was still sizzling. I'd go with a "B+" here. The other dishes at the table were just as good and service was a good "B". All in all I'd recommend the restaurant, especially if you like that type of food that's not your standard Texas TexMex.

After a great meal we strolled the village, bought my daughter a dress, looked at some $155 shirts and then to Jimmy Choo's to shop some $500 ladies shoes and a couple of $5,500 handbags!! From there we stopped at Whole Foods Plano to pick up a couple of things, then over to Jamba Juice and then home. I'm cooking Italian tonight, I know but it's because I want to, and after all it's my day. I wish my Father was still with us. What a GREAT presence he was and still is for that matter. It's been 20 years now, that's what I mean by strong...Happy Fathers Day Daddy, and to all the fathers out there who love and care for their families. Have a blessed day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home