September 08, 2005

Banj Gives With Political Post

Ok, I give up. Here's my political post. Yes, I favor President Bush but this really has little to do with that. The way I see it:

A terrible thing has happened to the gulf states, most notibly to New Orleans. It's something that engineers have been talking about there being a possibility of since the 1700's. It finally did. It was nothing that wasn't expected when the right storm hit at the right place.

The response was due to the lack of motivation by the mayor of the city and the Govenor of the state of Louisiana. They had to set the wheel in motion for the Federal agencies to become involved. They waited to a point that the President had to call them. At that point help began rolling in.

The obsurdness that the President doesn't like African Americans or that he didn't care about the state or that he knew this was coming is just plain mush, making the people who are claiming such things look very, very small. The fact is that President Bush has spent more money on levy's in his first term than Clinton did in 8 years! But you hear nothing about that from Hillary. She only wants a commission to find out who to blame!

I have worked hard just has many others have this past week to help raise money to give the citizens of New Orleans a new start. I hope and pray for their recovery. But I'm starting to listen less and less to the progress via television and radio as the bashing and finger pointing becomes more than I care to hear.

That's the way it sounds to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home