March 29, 2006

My Router Rout

I just got finished installing a Linksys router into my system config at the house. The problem was that I had bought a Belkin card and wireless router to integrate with a Westell DSL modem and my Mac. Didn't work. Not the config. We figured that out after 4 phone calls to my ISP Verizon and a bunch of plugging and unplugging and moving the pc into the kitchen to see if we could get signal. It ended up being the router itself. Long story short, Belkin folks let me down.

I exchanged that junk for Linksys. The Geek squad at Best Buy along with a number of other dudes who have used the Cisco powered blue for quite some time kept recommending it. After a couple of on line chats with Linksys and a phone call to Verizon, we got that piece of crap PC running at a good speed. And on top of that, the MAC continues to do well with this new hookup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home