October 20, 2006

All for Hall

I haven't been in the broadcast TV business since the spring of this year. I returned tonight. I've helped Congressman Hall of the 4th district of Texas in his re election for 8 elections now. We spent this evening working on a television and radio campaign for the remaining bit of the 9th.

I like the Congressman. He's a friend and even though he's up in years, he's the best man for the job. As I sit across from him as we work, I look at his hands and his writing. This man is 83 years of age and sharper in the mind than I feel that I am. He's served along side of LBJ, chewed on Clinton and flown many times on Air Force One with George senior and George W. I respect this man and feel a brush with greatness every time we converse.

He's up for re election again. I know many say that he's too old. I don't agree. I see who's running against him and it makes me only want him to win even more. I'm not much of a political authority, but I am a media craftsman. There's not many of his kind left. A WW II veteran Navy pilot, a pioneer, a Christian. He should be honored. I've put my yard sign up this evening and will sport my Hall for Congress bumper sticker by tomorrow morning. All for Hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home