August 28, 2006

Look! A Post!

I'm not motivated anymore. Posting here is a waste of time for me. I've got too much other stuff going on. I know that I have a couple of regular readers, the rest of you...I don't know what your gig is. I get about 80 visits a week, that is when I'm keeping it all up to date. And I know it's not the same two people coming in 40 times each every 7 days, so what gives?

I guess the content is not compelling enough to move the reader. I know, sometimes it's pretty boring (I never claimed that it wasn't). But when I get into the guts of a subject, no one seems to really care much about that either. No, I'm not on a pity wagon, I actually don't care. I guess the only thing that bothers me is that I read other blogs hosted by some who couldn't write their way out of a paper bag, have no creativity and their posts are consistantly full of comments. Some of these sites are made of stuff you wouldn't want your kids reading, yet people respond.

I wanted more than a diary. I could keep that in a stupid little book in my sock drawer. I'm considering the big "d" here. That way I'd only have DFW Acoustics to deal with. I've actually discovered some pretty flattering comments on that site from place to place.

So what do you think? Does anyone care? Hello?

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger sandra hansson said...

I know, people should comment more. I have a thousand visitors per day, and still not more then 5-10 people comment what I write. the most popular blogger in sweden, saintkildaroad.blogspot.com, has about 5000 visitors per day, and for being so many visitors he should have more then 30 comments. it sucks. I guess it's because people arn't used to the fact that you can talk to the writer. we are used to books, and many times we have no idea who the writer actually is. and ofcourse it's also nice to just sit there and read and not have to bother with being social on the net. maybe the real world is enough?

 
At 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was out of the country for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to catch up on my blog reading until now. i guess there are just more readers and writers than commentors. i see the same situation on my blog, lots of hits and no comments save for the same one or two people. but... how do i say this without sounding selfish... i write more for myself than for my readers (it's therapeutic for me), so i'm not too bothered when no one comments. i have enjoyed your posts on music and the occasional photo, and i'll continue with DFW Acoustics even if this place is history. if you don't enjoy posting here anymore, then don't. i don't think blogging should become a chore (unless you're getting paid for it, then it becomes a job... hehe..)

take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home