November 27, 2006

Lighting

So I've been surfing the net and looking at different sights that feature images of houses, houses decorated. I find it funny that so many people put up enough lights on their places to line the eaves and start calling themselves the "Griswolds." It kinda makes me laugh, "you foolish person!"

I claimed that tongue and cheek title years ago, when we lined not only the eaves of the house, but the roofline, the driveway, the garden wall, the street, the trees and anything else that stood still with holiday green. The only thing that stopped me from carrying on that tradition is that I couldn't keep the breakers from tripping.

I've calmed with age, and also changed colors. You see, Christmas lighting is not just throwing up what's in the garage for the sake of decorating, it's coordinating. Placing the the lights all in the same direction, not going with a multitude of colors and trying not to have your yard look like Barnham and Bailey just moved in. There are a lot of those places, we've never been one of them.

Do me a favor. If you are going to claim to be Clark W. then at least be able to stay up with me when I start quoting lines from the movie. And, get a clue. Your lighting looks stupid if it's not done correctly. It takes more than just an expensive trip to Wal Mart. After all "we thought you enjoyed fruitcake."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home