December 08, 2006

There's a million...

I've got a ton of things going on this time of year. I just got a call from the guys in Fayetteville telling me they are going to try and play Saturday night. One of them is flying in from Portland for a week, so they're looking to jam out. There are so many other things I could do this weekend that I'm feeling I should stay here. On the flip side of things, I spent 30 minutes on the phone yesterday complaining about some of the stuff going on in my local band that is starting to grind on my nerves. Maybe a trip to the hills would help me to refocus on the music.

I've always had a hard time working with some groups. I'm hard to satisfy. It's not that I'm anyway near perfect. There are many banjoists that are certainly better than I am and millions of guys and gals that do a better job singing and playing the guitar. But, there are certain things that have to do with practice v.s. performance where I demand perfection. I'm not talking about subtle mistakes like missing a chord change or not being there on the first downbeat. It's more like blatantly forgetting a progression or completely losing timing or forgetting whos in the 3rds or 5ths on the harmony. (Here I go again.)

Sometimes traditional bluegrass bands make me crazy. Yea, I might need to make a trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home