January 22, 2005

Inauguration

I finally got to watch the Inaugurational ceremonies last night via TIVO. The one thing that stood out was Laura Bush. How long has it been since we've had that kind of class in a first lady? Jacque? She carries herself so well, and has such a look about her. An absolutely gorgeous woman, a real southern belle.

The songsters were a little disappointing to me. I enjoyed the first man that performed "Heal this Land." The ones to follow were too much. I don't know why we don't have someone with a more contemporary type of voice sing at these ceremonies. The tenor and sopranos are reminicent of an opra, just not appealing to the masses.

I enjoyed seening all of the ex presidents and their spouses. Jimmy Carter sure looks old and Hillary sure looks good. I feel like she'll run in 08 for the job, but don't expect a nomination by the libs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home