July 14, 2005

Old Glory


American Flag
Originally uploaded by banj.
What is it with people and the American Flag? I live on a block of newer (very modest) houses. Since the fall of 2000, we, out of maybe as many as 24 homes have been the only ones to fly an American flag! I'm including Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day...all of them! Even during the 911 catastrophy and during the elections of 2004 we were the only ones to fly the flag! These people have newer homes, most of them drive new cars, they have the security of living in small town America with their children attending one of the top 5% of school systems in the state of Texas, but cannot show a pride and support for what they have and what they've been given by having the blessing of living in the greatest nation in the world. I know I'm ranting, but I can't get over how not only my neighbors have this lack of display, but really it's everywhere. People in this country are so spoiled, and have the ability to take for granted our way of life. I for one am proud and will continue to show it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home