July 13, 2006

On The Road

I'm in Nashville Tennessee tonight, setting in a hotel room downtown, about 6 blocks from the Ryman Auditorium, The Ernest Tubb Record Shop and all the other historical marks in Music City. It's been 24 years since I've been here. The last visit entailed performing on WSM's Midnight Jamboree following the Grand Ole' Opry broadcast. We were live from the ET Record Shop near the Opryland Mall, I remember that it snowed that night as we played before a crowd of around 250 and a radio crowd of tens of thousands. I'll never forget it.

The city has changed a lot. There's now a large structure which I believe to be a bank and hotel directly across the street from the Ryman. The home of the Nashville Predetors is awesome! It's just down the street from the Auditorium about a block.

I took a drive from our stay here at the Holiday Inn around 10 p.m. just to re-live some old memories. The site of the orginal Grand Ole Opry was touching.

I'm coming back and brings Ms. I've already got the hotel scoped out. I think we'll have some real Tennesse BBQ while we are at it. There is much to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home