January 25, 2005

Irritated Entertainment


279
Originally uploaded by banj.
What is it with some musicians? I went to this acoustic jam last evening in Plano - scouting I might add. There were 4 banjo players, 3 guitarists, an autoharp (very good) and a mandolin picker. One banjo picker I believe really thought that he was sooooo good that he continued to work on his licks and technique after EVERY SONG. No time to revel in the excitement of a song well played by all. This guy went right in to "practicing" what he had just played...and practicing very LOUD!!!! I guess he thought that he could play fast and accurate. Uhmmmmmm. I hate to be sarcastic so I won't, but at times he was pitiful. I take that he had never had the opportunity to play with anyone that knew the etiquette and unwritten rules of musicianship. There was one guy that came in very late and had to finally leave the room in order to simply tune his guitar. All because the banjo guy couldn't shut it up for a moment! I'm venting, I do that sometimes. This accompanying image is a real treat. The great Sam Bush. What a mando man. I'm sure he knows the rules.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home